Monthly Archives: October 2017
The PBHS Educational Foundation was founded in 2007 and exists to provide financial support to staff and students of Paint Branch High School. Your Foundation spends almost 100% of all funds raised in two ways.
1) By providing mini-grants to staff each fall that provide financial support for educational activities that are not in the MCPS budget. Examples include:
- Bio-diversity projects for 120 students
- Chorus and Band performances at the Atlanta Festival
- Grow Light system for use by 400 biology students
- Funds to build a second TV production set and zoom lenses for photojournalist students
- Measurement equipment for a Physics Video Studio
2) By providing scholarships to graduating seniors that can be used for higher education costs including college, technical and trade schools.
Over the past 9 years the Foundation has invested:
- $32,000 in scholarships to seniors, and,
- over $21,000 in mini-grants to Paint Branch High School staff
Almost all of the current members of the all volunteer Board of Directors have been serving since its inception. We have remained on the Board because we feel the work we do makes a difference to our staff and students. However, after much debate, we have reached the difficult decision that we will cease operation in the summer of 2018.
As you consider a charitable contribution this year that will directly impact the entire school community, think of the PBHS Educational Foundation. All funds will be disbursed before we shut down. All of your donations are completely tax-deductible because we are a 501(c)(3) organization. Make your gift today by visiting our donation page and read more about how your contributions are used.
We are still selling Keepsakes for the 10th Anniversary special price of any two for $20 – you must purchase two to get this price, so find a friend and place your order! This is below what it cost us to acquire them, but since we have paid for them already, all sales are pure profit. All funds from these final sales will go directly to mini-grants and scholarships. If you have been putting off getting a Keepsake, please order them now so that we can use the funds this year! You can find an order form on our website, as well as attached to this message. Please note that there are limited quantities available.
We will be selling Keepsakes before the school play in November.
We want our last year to be our biggest ever in terms of mini-grants and scholarships. All donations and keepsake purchases helps us reach that goal!
We would like to especially thank all our supporters and faithful donors over the years. You have made all we did possible!